Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cara Delevingne, I Love You

Good morning, PR Dolls! Today's post is a bit random but I just needed to profess my love for Cara Delevingne somewhere! For those of you who are not familiar with Cara, she is an English fashion model who has been taking over the industry for quite some time. She is everywhere and models for some major designers...

Like Burberry...

And YSL....

DKNY....
Oh yeah, that girl. She has been everywhere since New York, Paris, and Milan fashion week last year, having walked the runway for major designers like Oscar De La Renta. Her eyebrows have become her signature and really set her apart from anyone else. You can say thick eyebrows are in style now, and no matter what anyone tries to do to get them, you simply cannot beat Cara's.



Cara in custom Burberry at the Met Ball- shut. it. DOWN. I'm pretty sure she was on everyone's best dressed list. 

She's obviously stunning and has an extremely distinctive look, but what I love most about Cara is her image with the media and her fans! She presents herself as the laid-back, cool as hell girl that you wish was your best friend. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram and instead of selfies at photoshoots or scenic pictures of whatever fabulous country she is currently modeling in, Cara is either showing off her funky street style or making some bizarre, fun face with a friend. 






What I find so interesting about her is that she has really created a solid fan base just by being her crazy, fun-loving self. I personally have not really heard of anyone being received so well not only by the public but also the fashion industry since Kate Moss. And of course the Victoria's Secret angels, but they are in their own category! Regardless, Cara is definitely the It girl of the moment.

I also think it is extremely interesting how her image has not affected any of the brands she represents. She is crazy and while the industry needs some of that spunk, I would imagine that they would also want to be represented by someone who values their vision. However, I think with Cara, designers like Burberry seem more accessible and not as stuffy as they did before. The consumer sees Cara, loves Cara, and wants the product. She also does this thing where she can be a goofball, but when she hits that runway or you see her in an advertisement, she is fierce. She has this smolder thing nailed down. So a marketable personality+killer model? Any designer's dream girl. And then there are designers like DKNY, who I feel are a perfect match because their style is like Cara- very fresh and trendy. Her DKNY campaigns are my personal favorite.

So as if you could not tell, I love me some Cara. I am so excited to see where her career leads her in the future. For now though, I'll just share some of my personal favorite pictures of her...again...
Met Ball again.

Stop. The cat.



Karl's stamp of approval- she carries a little Karl doll in her purse.

Swoon!
What do you think of Cara? Comment or tweet me at @LBDPR.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment